Dear all, We have a replication scenario in the production environment.Publisher as the production database and suscriber as the reporting database to generate management reports and distributor to place the snapshot,distributor agent.For few of the reasons we are often intializing the snapshot and placing it in snapshot folder at distributor which will be subscribed by subscriber.I have few doubts in this regard..
1) Maintaining distributor system will impacts on the replication performence? Can i create the snapshot folder at the pulisher system to place the snapshot?
2) Each time when we re-intialize the snapshot will it pulls all the records in the publisher?
3) Can we re-intialize the snapshot begining from a paricular record in the production database?
4) Should we rebuild or reorganize the indexes in the subscriber database or it will be updated with publisher as it is from publisher?
5) In both publisher and subscriber will it maintains the same fillfactor for the indexes?
Thanks in advance.