A little bit off topic but I am intruiged in what you guys require/beg/demand on your desk while you work. I don't mean you demand a certain plant or chair I mean what you require to be productive.
I'll start things off...
I have the following things on my desk ready to hand:
- Notepad open ready to jot down things as I work.
- Flash drive with template scripts, documentations, manuals, etc.
- Grant Fritchey's "Dissecting SQL Server Execution Plans".
- Brad McGehee's "How To Be An Exceptional DBA".
- "SQL Server MVP Deep Dives" book.
- "Pro SQL Server 2008 Relational Database Design And Implementation" book.
And that's it really. On my computer I have of course Google on pretty much all the time! ;-)