Hello; I am a developer who has become the "accidental" dba for a hosted web app. Our IT dept is planning to move all servers (database, web, sharepoint) for our app off of the corporate domain and into it's own domain. The SQL databases will stay on the same server, we just need to move it from one domain to another. I've searched on the web, but all the instructions I've found all assume that you're also going to move the databases onto a new server too, and I can't find much info on my more simple case where the database will stay put but the server will move. Here is what I've put together so far (does it look like I am missing anything?)
Thanks sooo much for the extra set of eyes and any advice you can give! Normajean
- Backup SQL Server databases and copy them to another machine
- Change SQL Server accounts to local system.
- Restart SQL server and verify correct operation.
- Stop and disable SQL Server Services.
- Move the machine to the other domain
- Enable SQL Server Services.
- Start SQL Server
- Change the service accounts to the new domains accounts
- Restart the server to verify correct operation.