I am a novice to the field of SQL Server Database Administration, and I am very interested to know how is the life of a production DBA different from a development DBA.
These are the series of questions that pop up in my mind whenever I think of production environment of an organization. I have read quite a number of books, but didnt find much clearer emphasis on this classification of a production and a development DBA. I would really appreaciate if these questions are answered, as I feel this is the right place to get an correct input and clearer understanding of the concept from this forum, as so many learned and experienced professionals are part of this forum.
1) What are a production DBA responsibilites
2) What are the steps or the process that takes place when ever there is a issue identified in the production
3) How does the team determine the intensity of the identified issue?
4) What would be the common production issues that a production DBA encounters?
5) What would be the checklist or to do list for a production DBA to take care of his/ her servers health?
Thank you very much in advance,