Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I want to pass a parameter to an Execute SQL task. I have done everything necessary.
- Created the variable at a package level.
- Created a connection manager to the database (SQL Server 2005) (OLE DB)
- Added the Execute SQL task
- Added the connection manager
- Mapped the parameter (OLE DB need parameter names 0, 1, 2, etc)
- The query contains a ? for each parameter (what is required for OLE DB connection managers).
The task fails because the ? is not being mapped to the variable. So the error is that the code comes out e.g. "SELECT * FROM ?", if "?" is the table name.
Please help, I have been at this for two days nonestop.