I am trying to Tune the indices on a SQL Server 2000 database. Here are my steps:
- Started tracing in SQL Profiler (I am using the default settings).
- Used the application for a while to generate data.
- Stopped the trace.
- Ran the Index Tuning Wizard and told it analyze the trace that I created.
- During the analysis a system message popped up saying that the Application Log was full.
- ITW finished its analysis, and reported that no indices need to be changed.
- The application log is full of query parsing errors that look like this:
Event Type: Error Event Source: ITW Event Category: None Event ID: 4 Date: 10/29/2009 Time: 10:13:25 AM User: N/A Computer: VM-WIN2KS-SQL-R Description: The description for Event ID ( 4 ) in Source ( ITW ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Error in Parsing Event: exec sp_executesql N'SELECT Users.* FROM Users WHERE Users.FirstName=@720 ORDER BY DateEntered ASC.
What is going on?