Hello, I've been asked to to create a secondary copy of several databases for daily reporting. I'm thinking I can use Log Shipping as my solution but I'm not 100% on that. Is there a better solution for this? This would be between two SQL 2016 Stnd versions.
Here's what I have right now:
- The current databases are set to Full and have TRN log backups every hour
- would creating a schedule in log shipping mess with my current backups?
- The secondary location needs to be interrogated for reporting purposes
- what can be done so the secondary databases are left in a state the allows reporting to be run but backups to also be restored?
- Can I perform one full and then TRN logs for there on?