Hi, I have a strange behavior :
we are moving to a new sqlserver (sql2016, let me call it Server-B), from a sql2012 (Server-A), and I have issue with a particular DB
- I Executed a backup of DB on Server-A
- Then executed a restore of DB on Server-B
- I noticed there is a user (User-A) which owns a schema. And I want to get rid of this User-A (as that person left the company)
So, on Server-A :
- I changed ownership of that schema from User-A to dbo
- I deleted User-A on Server-A, DB
- I executed a backup of DB on Server-A
On Server-B :
- I restored the DB again
- Checked in the list of users, and User-A is appearing again, and it still owns that schema !
I do not understand this. Am I missing something ?
Please help. Many thanks